DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer
Birmingham (Remote inc)
ShortList Recruitment are looking for a well-established DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer to join an innovative software house in Birmingham.
DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer will be working as part of a large multi-site development team to drive the Release, Configuration and Delivery of their Software product and managed services portfolio.
This is a hands-on DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer role ideal for seasoned candidate with a number of years’ experience but my client will consider a broad range of experience with remuneration to match. The ideal candidate would live and breathe code and tech.
The key responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- Provision, install, configure and maintain a wide range of PaaS components, applications, databases and tools across many environments and customers
- Affect changes in live environments safely using appropriate change control procedures, including configuration versioning using VCS
- Handle 3rd line issues ensuring SLAs are met.
- Virtual infrastructure chief, provisioning & management in Azure & AWS
- Support development team’s infrastructure requirements, including continuous integration (CI) and code repositories (SVN/GIT)
- Troubleshoot problems when they occur, quickly and efficiently
- Identify and create clear and effective documentation (using a wiki)
Essential Skills for DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- Windows or Linux Guru, with lots of Ubuntu LTS experience
- Virtual infrastructure management in AWS/Azure
- Web hosting expert with IIS inc. ASP/NET, PHP
- Database maestro with some MS SQL/MySQL/Maria, Cassandra, Cosmos or Mongo
- Solid backup & monitoring setup/management
- Building images & other scripting automation using Bash, PowerShell, VBS, Win Batch or similar
- net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling & load-balancing
Desirable Skills for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- Windows Server 2008/12, especially IIS/.NET apps.
- AD account management
- Asp.Net. deployment
- Java server app management
- Office 365 Management
- NodeJS hosting/application management
DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer role is based in Birmingham with remote working opportunities and offers a salary of up to £55,000 plus benefits. They are looking for a candidate to start ASAP and will be interviewing over the next few weeks. If you feel you have the skills required then APPLY NOW
This role is commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Worcester, Redditch, Dudley, Stourbridge, Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'