TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated DevOps Engineer to join the newly formed Web Platforms technology organisation which powers TUI’s global e-commerce services and solutions across all European markets.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
As a DevOps Engineer you will create, implement and support DevOps strategies and continuous delivery pipelines with our cross-functional agile teams working on our single web selling platform. You will be accountable for defining and implementing the appropriate infrastructure, tools and processes to support continues delivery of change. You will be key in maturing our organisation in continuous delivery and help with implementing the processes to ensure high availability and quality.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a DevOps Engineer you will work alongside 2-3 cross-functional agile teams to implement changes with the appropriate CI/CD approach, implementing relevant monitoring and improve the deployment pipelines to support the delivery of change through to production. You will work with teams to ensure there is a consistent and reliable approach to deployment, removing opportunities for human error. You will ensure that any implementation follows highly repeatable approaches that ensure teams themselves can become autonomous in delivering change.
You will work with the agile teams to ensure the appropriate automated quality gates are developed and executed, providing high visibility of quality and functional acceptance of change. You will be accountable for the continuous deployment process, associated tools, adherence to principles and adoption to good practice within our cross-functional agile teams.
Within this role you will maintain core deployment pipelines and continuously improve quality. You will report on key service metrics relating to availability, usage, utilisation, savings, deployment and through-put.
You will work among a community of other DevOps Engineers, and Site Reliability Engineers, to share knowledge, best practice and to ensure that TUI remains in tune with industry changes. This community will also provide rota on-call support for our production web selling platform.
- Hands-on experience with 24/7 production high availability applications and AWS systems including incident response
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems (Dynatrace, DataDog)
- Experience of implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
- Ability to write infrastructure as code (Terraform/Cloud formation) and configuration as code (Ansible) to a high standard
- Experience in version control and branch management with Git
- Working knowledge and application of AWS best practices including:
- AWS Services: Compute and Network, Storage and CDN, Database, Analytics, Application Services, Deployment using CloudFormation templates, and Management
- Overview of Security Processes
- Storage Options in the Cloud
- Defining Fault Tolerant Applications
- Experience with containerization
- Gradle Build Tools, Jenkins, Buddybuild, HockeyApp
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix)
- Strong scripting skillset (Bash, Python)
- Awareness of multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
- Experience with containerization, ideally with exposure to Kubernetes/Docker
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, operational & governance processes, and compliance validation
ABOUT OUR OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'