Reporting directly to the Head of Software Engineering. You will be responsible for ensuring our systems run smoothly and are monitored constantly, responding to technical issues as they arise. You will provide and Identify technical solutions for both in house developers, clients and partners. You will keep the infrastructure up to date as the stack evolves. You will identify, implement and automate to enable better digital solutions in a shorter time-frame. A strong Junior or Mid-Level Engineer would be ideal for this role. However, excellent Senior Engineers will also be considered.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and implement our containerisation effort, using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, and VSTS.
- Deliver CI, CD and Testing services for the development teams.
- Manage the daily operational requirements of our 100+ virtual Linux servers on a VMWare stack.
- Build and configure new server platforms for projects and the automated tooling to do so.
- Utilise monitoring tools like Zabbix and New Relic, to pro-actively identify and resolve (potential) problems.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
- Support our development teams.
- Create and shape the design of our future infrastructure.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of our infrastructure.
- Document current and future processes and policies and making them repeatable.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Relevant IT education (Bachelor/Master).
- Knowledge of configuration and provisioning (Terraform, Ansible).
- Sharing DevOps best practices, leading by example.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban is an advantage.
- Experience with RDBS support is a plus.
- Working experience with configuring and managing Linux servers.
- Experience with debugging a complex multi-server application.
- Understanding of network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.
- Experience with the management of networks and routers.
- Independence, flexibility and good communication skills.
- Utilising best practises of Infrastructure as Code & Configuration as Code.
- Open mindset to explore best solutions to reduce operational risk.
- Scripting and programming skills.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s, Java, Git and Docker.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU:
- An attractive salary and pension.
- Flexible working, the ability to work from home occasionally. Currently everyone is WFH 100%
- Working with high profile clients, and awesome colleagues
- Challenging, impactful projects.
- Professional development.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'