Newcastle Strategic Solutions is the UK’s leading savings management platform and one of the North East’s most established and successful FinTechs! We provide savings management and technology services for new challenger banks and established providers across the UK. Our work has earned us an enviable reputation in the market as the best at what we do.
As part of our tech organisation, you will be working alongside high performing, multi-disciplined teams using Agile and DevOps tooling and methodologies, shaping our technology infrastructure and helping to define and implement our cloud-based ambition.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a huge breadth of dynamic and complex projects supporting the launch of new banks and developing new innovative services for our existing clients.
The role includes:
- Working alongside system specialists, developers, testers and project teams.
- Driving to be more digitally focussed, using the latest technologies, whilst ensuring that our customers are at the heart of everything we do
- Responsibility for maintaining and ensuring resilience/availability of all infrastructure, environments, applications and services that form part of the CI/CD pipeline for those products and services.
- Ensuring new features are promoted through the CI/CD pipeline appropriately to all environments whilst maintaining availability and accuracy.
- Using IaC and automation where possible to improve efficiencies and ensure consistency across environments.
What you will bring to the role:
- A solid understanding of general networking (including TCP/IP, networking/security, switches/routing, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/encryption, load balancing and SSH).
- Strong scripting skills in one or more scripting languages including PowerShell.
- Experience using Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Core in a VMware vSphere virtual environment.
- Azure skills and experience - specifically around resources such as Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, App Services/Web Apps, Storage Containers, Virtual Networks, Load Balancers, Network Security Groups, Application Gateways and Key Vault.
- IaC automation experience preferably using Terraform, PowerShell DSC and Octopus Deploy.
- CI/CD tooling experience preferably using Octopus Deploy, TFS, GIT and Azure DevOps.
- A successful track record of working in a dynamic and collaborative enterprise ICT team, supporting customer critical application stacks and delivering projects to demanding timescales.
- A good understanding of change and risk management within a complex operational environment.
- A desire to learn and self-develop as we want you to continually improve.
- An excellent communicator who can dynamically manage their own workload with strong analytical/problem solving skills with the ability to work at pace making clear well thought out decisions.
The following skills would also be desirable:
- Experience of managing and supporting 24/7 web based services in both B2B and B2C environments.
- Experience of web hosting technologies including IIS, SSL, load balancing and Azure Hosting.
- Database experience preferably SQL Server and No SQL.
- Security awareness and web/app hardening skills.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a great team within a truly local organisation our colleagues also benefit from;
- 30 days per annum + bank holidays
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Corporate bonus scheme
- Free gym access
- Great transport links with discounted travel
- Buying holidays policy
- Staff offers and access to staff association offering discounts for local trips, events & services
- Volunteering Days
To apply for this role please ensure you register on the Newcastle Building Society careers page, which you will be directed to by clicking 'apply now’ on this page.