As a DevOps Engineer at Sagacity Solutions, you will support the operations and development of the companies cloud based IT infrastructure within an inclusive cross functional DevOps team, comprising of developers, analysts, BA’s, QA’s, product owners and consultants.
Principal responsibilities will involve:
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of cloud-based production system, predominately AWS, and to a lesser extend Azure and GCP.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of our cloud-based production systems.
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and cloud security solutions.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on our cloud platforms.
- Designing, maintenance and management of tools for automation of different operational processes
Our people have excellent communication, prioritisation and organisational skills. They demonstrate strong commercial awareness, which promotes and protects the interests of both Sagacity and our clients alike.
Key competencies and requirements include:
- Delivery focused; budget aware
- Excellent planning and reporting
- Clear and transparent communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Client relationship skills
- Logical and structured approach
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent Communication skills
- A motivated, committed team player
- Stress tolerance
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Presentable, professional, punctual
- Accountable; responsible
- Able to travel throughout the UK and internationally to client sites (with over-night stays)
Operational experience with:
- Architecting and operating systems built with Amazon Web Services and or Azure.
- OpenVPN & IPSEC VPN configuration and management
- Jenkins configuration and management
- SSH & SFTP configuration and management
- Apache2 & Node/Grunt deployments
- Oracle, MySQL and MongoDB deployments (ideally with DBA experience)
- Blue/Green deployments
- Continuous integration/delivery tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or AWS Ops Works
Education, Training & Experience:
You will have proven experience in strong analytic skills and have the ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar environments, remaining calm under pressure and agile in approach.
- Good knowledge of Linux server administration and configuration (preferably Ubuntu / CentOS)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals including routing, DNS/Bind and network security
- Experience in code development in at least one high-level programming language preferably Python.
- Python & Bash scripting skills
- Experience in creation of highly automated infrastructures.
- Administering AWS or similar cloud environment
- Comprehensive knowledge regarding contemporary processes and methodologies for development and operations such as DevOps/DevSecOps and Agile.
- Over two years of experience in provisioning, operations, and management of AWS environments.
- Qualification in Computer Science or a STEM related degree
- Information Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Security
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'