Your new company
My client who are a leading Telecommunications business are currently seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to help out with their on-going project. As part of their Service Validation and Deployment department who are responsible for quality assurance, test and deployment activities for the service being developed and operated by VMB WiFi. It involves building test and deployment automation tools, E2E service validation, wireless network test verification, performance testing and managing security testing standards.
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Stackdriver, Solarwinds, New relic etc.)
- Configure continuous integration pipelines for deployment containerisation
- Providing end to end systems administration, Linux platform engineering, system maintenance and support.
- You will focus on solving difficult problems with scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.
- Create, build and deploy automation and orchestration tools in various scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Python and Perl) with a 'right tool', 'right job' attitude.
- Foresee potential incidents before they arise and implement mitigation strategies and future counter measures.
- Troubleshoot and provide break fix to complex technical issues on a daily basis.
- You'll take responsibility for the quality of our deployment pipeline.
- You will ensure resilience, capacity, performance, repeatability, security, scalability, alerting and a proactive approach to monitoring of the Swarm platform.
- You will be proactive in your approach to collaboration with end users and other stakeholders, whether locally or remote, to ensure Swarm platform meets the needs of the end user.
- You'll have practical experience working with Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Chef to create a release automation pipeline from development through to live.
- You will have significant experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef; will have opinions on their best use and experience of working with them in large and complex environments.
- You are familiar with Git and other version control systems, understand branching and merging, and can show us how well you work with colleagues to review code and scripts in a way that improves quality over time.
- You are familiar with a variety of infrastructure technologies and tools including Linux, Cloud Stack, OpenStack, Google Cloud, Virtual firewalls, F5 load balancers, New Relic, Splunk and more.
- You are familiar managing complex routing and redirection through software and network devices and can analyse traffic and system load to remove bottlenecks and identify how best we can deploy resources across the platform.
- You have a good grasp of TCP/IP, http and https and use this knowledge to help you analyse problems when they occur.
- You will have considerable experience working alongside developers and testers to configure and tune systems built using technologies such as Nginx, PHP, nodejs and other big data technologies.
- You understand the concepts behind SQL, backup and replication and have an appreciation of database tuning.
What you will need to succeed
You will be passionate about operating high profile online platforms, with stories of their triumphs and scars from their failures. You'll be enthusiastic about modern methods for infrastructure management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems before our customers do. You will have a keen sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don't. You'll be continually learning and have an eye on the tech coming over the horizon.
- Deep experience (3 years +) in our Tech stack: Linux, Google Cloud Platform, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK
- Deep experience (3 yrs. +) in Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, Loadbalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Databases (Percona, Mongo, Elastic Search or alternative)
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
- Working knowledge of Linux internals with a depth and breadth of technical expertise in system administration including configuration, troubleshooting and engineering solutions.
- Hands on experience in performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) and identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues (but not limited to).
- Familiarity with IP networking concepts such as OSI stacks (highly advantageous).
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Have a strong operations career with more recent exposure to a DevOps culture (CI, CD, Automation, and Orchestration).
- A passion for automation and a clear capacity to adopt a Developers mentality in a busy, pressurised (but fun) operations environment.
- Be comfortable working on call rotas and out of hours working as and when required to ensure uptime of services.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- DevOps Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"