DevOps Engineer | £40,000 - £44,000 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation in Glasgow is looking to add a DevOps Engineer to their team.
Your new role
Your focus as a DevOps Engineers will be maximising the workflow of development teams by automating and managing development and deployment processes. You will be involved in areas like Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, with expectation to maintain and improve those areas over time.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience building servers and detailed knowledge of best practice for implementing configuration as code using Continuous Integration tools (e.g. GoCD), and Ansible (Currently using 1.9 upgrading to 2.2)
* Experience in at least one scripting language (we use a range of languages including Bash, Python, Ruby etc)
* Experience with using Oracle Databases and SQL knowledge.
* Understanding of RedHat 6.8
* Good general understanding of networking
* Good understanding of Load Balancing
* Experience with queuing technologies e.g. RabbitMQ
* Understanding of agile methodology and experience in working in an agile environment
* Strong communication skills; able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Knowledge of the use of version control applications such as Git or Subversion
* Experience of working on technical projects within a team
* Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
What you'll get in return
You will have access to a full range of benefits to support you both inside and outside of work. As well as a competitive salary they offer a great range of benefit with a city centre location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job