We have a new opening for a DevOps Engineer within the absurdly-talented Growth Engineering team. If your application is successful, you’ll be getting to grips with our IT infrastructure, building new hosting environments and managing migrations. In your role as part of the Tech team, you’ll be many things: an awesome architect, a server savant, a code crafter. If that sounds like a challenge that you’re ready to take on, then keep on reading!
We’re Growth Engineering and we create learning technology that knocks socks off, delivers change and blows minds! It’s safe to say that we’re completely unlike anybody else in our field. Our focus is making online learning fun and engaging. We’re leading the fight against dull online learning and we’d love for you to help us along the way. Here’s why you should take up arms with us:
- A chance to work for a company who specialise in creating fun and engaging content - how many people can say that?
- We’re growing year-on-year. Now’s a great time to join our staggeringly impressive team.
- We are people development experts and will support and guide you throughout your career.
What will you be doing?
Sometimes you’ll be managing internal projects aimed at saving money or increasing security, other times you’ll be working with clients to design infrastructure that meets their bespoke needs.
You’ll keep up to date with the latest industry trends and align with our values on what exciting, mind blowing technology looks like, whilst also being a great project manager with the capability to deliver it.
With a strong background in Unix system administration, you’ll take ownership of our global server base that runs our multi-award-winning Learning Management System and Knowledge Arcade mobile app. We’re currently using the LAMP stack and Memcache, and in the process of migrating to AWS, but are keen to work with someone who has experience of multiple providers. We’re growing fast and need to establish a solid and scalable server infrastructure that grows with the business.
To ensure that you can deliver all that’s expected in this fast-paced role, you’ll need to handle the following duties:
- Work with customer excellence to deploy new environments.
- Maintain system and package updates regularly.
- Building new infrastructure to meet the needs of the business.
- Making sure we achieve 99.99% uptime for our global enterprise client base.
- SSL certificate administration and management.
- Creation of scripts to automate our deployment workflow.
- Suggest and implement ways to future proof our systems.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Contribute to documentation.
- Handle MailGun setup for each new client.
- Configure firewalls.
- Manage and optimise DNS records
- Project manage migration of domains between environments
- Educated to degree level in a related subject
- At last 2 years’ experience in systems administration and script creation
- Strong Unix systems administration skills
- Good coding/scripting skills
- Experience of large scale systems and providing scalability enhancements
- Strong understanding of networks and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving
- Customer Focused
- Good knowledge of MySQL and PHP configuration
- Good experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and building new infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls/WAFs
Nice to Have:
- AWS Certifications
- Flexible Working Options Available
Are you ready to join one of the world’s fasted growing learning technology companies and help develop our fantastic product? Can you commute to Windsor? Then apply now! We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Project Management
- Server Administration
- Software Development
- Server Migration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job