Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is seeking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to work as part of the Infrastructure Team within the Global E-Commerce Operations area. Reporting to the Infrastructure Tech Lead the successful candidate will be involved in delivering a complete VMWare based IaaS solution to business facing delivery teams as well as the other teams within E-Commerce Operations. The team is responsible for maintaining existing virtual infrastructure (Openstack, Xen) and for the continuous improvement of related tooling (Puppet, Foreman, Pulp, BIND).
YNAP group is a highly collaborative environment requiring candidates to work with skilled engineers across a number of teams and geographic locations.
As a senior member of the team, you will be proactive in leading technical direction, engage directly with senior stakeholders and promote the tools and services provided by E-Commerce Operations to the wider IT team through showcases and workshops. You will act as a mentor for members of your team as well as developers from other teams and be proactive in defining and promoting best practices.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work.
- Design, provision and maintain virtual infrastructure platform.
- Work closely with DCOPs and Network teams to deliver end to end infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with DevOps and delivery teams to understand their infrastructure needs.
- Implement automated provisioning solutions for infrastructure and tooling.
- Provide infrastructure expertise to other teams.
- Work with monitoring and NOC teams to define and implement monitoring and support procedures for YNAP infrastructure.
- Coach more junior members of the team in technology and working practices.
- Research new technologies and assess suitability to be incorporated into YNAP systems.
- Provide 3rd line production support for YNAP systems and environments.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate has a degree in Computer Science or similar and has gained experience working in medium or large companies:
- Strong experience in Infrastructure and virtualization technologies (VMWare, Openstack, Xen)
- Excellent understanding of networking infrastructure (Subnets, Firewalls, Routing, Proxies, DNS)
- Excellent knowledge of modern Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Strong experience in infrastructure provisioning tools (Foreman, Terraform, Packer)
- Strong background in Linux systems.
- Good knowledge of message queues (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Good understanding of web infrastructure (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, HAProxy).
- Understanding of containerization principles and frameworks (Docker).
- Excellent understanding of different monitoring technologies (Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite, Logstash, Cloudwatch).
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby).
- Exposure to database technologies (MySQL, Postgres).
- Good understanding of version control software (Git).
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and methodologies.
- Agile methodology and DevOps principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Reports to: Infrastructure Tech Lead
Location: London, W12
Hours: 37.5hrs/week plus OOH support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job