Really exciting opportunity for a DevOps engineer looking to take the next steps in their career.
DevOps Engineer - Newcastle - £35k
HAYS are currently working with a global organisation which require the addition of a skilled DevOps engineer to join their team. My Client are going through a really exciting period of growth and are implementing a lot of new and dynamic solutions into the business. This role is ideal for a candidate who is ambitious and enjoys a challenge.
- Create and maintain the development, QA and production platforms of the company
- Ensure the testing, QA and production platforms are appropriately provisioned and meet the needs of stakeholders and continuous software delivery practices.
- Represent Business Systems in the agile software development process to ensure the development teams, and their processes are supported.
Technical exposure required
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining cloud environments, in particular AWS and Azure.
- Configuring and deploying websites using Microsoft IIS.
- Using and managing databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- IP, DNS
- Virtualisation and containers
- Load balancing, clustering, replication and fail-over
- (Firewalls, IDS, IPS and VPNs
- Windows and Unix operating systems
- Scripting Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform, Puppet or similar.
- Build tools - ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) or similar.
What is on offer for the candidate?
- Salaries are reviewed annually.
- 35 hour working week
- Life Assurance - three times salary (non-contributory)
- Discounted Healthcare Insurance currently provided by BUPA.
- Company Pension Scheme 18% - 6 employee, 12% Employer.
- Company sick pay.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity and I am expecting interest to be high, in order to make sure you don't miss out then please apply to this advert or alternatively you can send me your CV directly or give me a call on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job