As a DevOps Engineer integrated within our Engineering team, you`ll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of our services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it`s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it`s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for deployments all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers.
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- You will drive standardisation efforts across multiple disciplines and services.
- You will own the continuous integration / deployment of internal and external cloud systems
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- Monitor and create dashboards for deployed cloud systems
- Prevent and monitor security vulnerabilities
- Adhere to the best InfoSec and DevOps practices
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- The ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Azure is required)
- Hands on experience with administering the Windows stack (experience with SQL & IIS is required)
- Extensive experience with at least one scripting language (Preferably PowerShell)
- Experience with a VCS (Preferably Git)
- Experience with CI / CD tools (Preferably TeamCity and Octopus Deploy)
- Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- Be adaptable and able to focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions.
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills.
Beneficial but non-essential experience:
- Hands on experience with administering Linux systems such as RHEL / CentOS
- Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with microservices
- Experience practising infrastructure as code using automation scripts (ARM Templates and PowerShell)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job