My client are tackling the underlying computational and scientific challenges of bioinformatics in order to provide researchers with software tools that will streamline the discovery process and drive forward precision medicine, drug development and bioinformatics research. Our platform is already deployed at leading pharmaceutical and consumer good companies and this is just the beginning of our journey.
Now is a great time to join us, as the company is growing rapidly, offering career building opportunities and a lot of room for growth.
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to join our team, to help support our production environment. This is a great opportunity to work with our talented and passionate engineers and bioinformaticians to build and deliver high-quality software that streamlines the scientific discovery process in top 50 pharmas.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who will take part in creating a fully automated, flexible and powerful process for building, deploying and monitoring our products in a variety of environments in accordance with the best practices of the field.
As DevOps Engineer you will:
- develop clear, concise and well-documented solutions,
- work together with the whole team to ensure our product is fun to develop, deploy and use,
- wield modern DevOps inventory to deal with growing and changing platform.
You are experienced in supporting ever-changing production environments. You are solution driven and focused on system security. You are able to clearly communicate issues and ideas to developers and business teams.
- Extensive knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Experience in Unix-like OS administration
- Scripting ability (Python, Bash)
- Experience in managing Infrastructure as a Code in a cloud environment (AWS etc)
- Experience with orchestration tool(s), preferably Ansible
- Collaborative nature
Nice to haves:
- JIRA administration experience
- Basic Java knowledge
- Familiarity with information security concepts
- Maven knowledge
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (Nagios or similar)
Above anything else, we are looking for a strong cultural fit - a person with genuine passion for technology and genomics, who can work as a part of a multi-cultural team dispersed between two offices, willing to learn from others and share their knowledge. In exchange we offer career growth opportunities, a fun and relaxed work environment, flexible working hours, a great office in central Cambridge and a competitive salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved.