Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 + 20% bonus (+ benefits)
Our client, a global, multi-billion pound turnover, market leader have approached us requiring a DevOps Engineer due to expansion within their team.
This DevOps engineer would be responsible for helping us balance the challenge of modernising a mature and fully featured application while making our industry-leading portal even better. The ideal candidate would have worked and supported large Web projects before understanding the entire modern SDLC using CI/CD, containers and microservices.
- Support and maintain our clients platform based on premise and in AWS
- Help build and architect the move from monolithic to services based architecture
- Help in the migration of on premise to full cloud native
- Help support the full software development life cycle of platform and services
- Production level knowledge of containers and container orchestration technologies.
- Automation & system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security
- Reasonable level of fluency in at least one programming language e.g. Ruby, GO, Python
- Production level knowledge of CI/CD process and work flow
- Production level knowledge of one or more CI solutions (Jenkins, TravisCI, team City, etc)
- Strong Linux & troubleshooting skills, automation scripting
- Strong Understanding of Networking & information security
- Good understanding of VMWare/vsphere
- Prepared to travel internationally
- Experience of building/developing scalable and highly available services
- Experience of Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge/ experience with Kuberetes, Sysdig, Vault or Consul
- Understanding and working with AWS services
- SOA experience (We are migrating towards an SOA architecture)
- Working with geographically dispersed teams
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22463