DevOps - Linux
Perm - Up to £80,000 + Full Benefits
An amazing opportunity has arisen within a leading digital organisation for an experienced DevOps Engineer to play a vital role in the continuous transforming services across their clients. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for automating and building modern digital service platforms and using the newest cutting-edge technologies to develop and integrate new digital products and web services. You'll be continually learning about new technologies and approaches with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
DevOps Engineer minimum requirements:
- DevOps experience automating, building and operating modern digital service platforms
- DevOps experience using configuration management tooling to automate server deployment.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack
- Development and use of DevOps configuration management tools such as Puppet, chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Agile/Devops working
- Working DevOps knowledge of virtualisation and/or public cloud platform.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot problems with multiple operating systems.
- Exposure to using Continuous Integration techniques to build and test software.
DevOps Engineer desirable requirements:
- Exposure to modern version control systems
- Experience of using public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks
- Experience of securing and monitoring web services
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to other technical people, and sometimes to non-technical people.
Leads digital transformation across a large customer base, collaborating with teams from other departments to help them build better services.
What you'll get in return
As well as an excellent salary package there is access to a fantastic company pension (22% contributions!) and extensive training. The organisation is an advocate of flexible working so working from home once a week is encouraged as well as flexi hours and compressed hours. The company have excellent retention levels and pride themselves on being a welcoming, enjoyable place to work.
Full list of benefits:
- Salary up to £80,000 per annum
- 22% pension contribution - the highest in the market
- No cap on learning and development - they will support you as far as you want to go.
- Flexible working! Work 'compressed hours' (5 days hours into 4 etc)
- One day a week working from home
- Casual dress
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays then another day added for every year you stay with the company
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loans for travel
- Bike loans and secure bike parking
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
- Provided with Mac Book Pro
- DevOps - Linux - Puppet - Chef - Ansible - AWS