We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our cross functional technology team who is forward thinking, technology focussed and can bring new ideas to the table. You will design, build, support and automate current tools and processes to ensure and improve the availability, scalability and performance of our infrastructure as well as ensure all of this is secure and impenetrable. You will work alongside Dev, QA, Ops, Architecture and Security as part of a cross functional team making sure we achieve Continuous Delivery as an organisation to get high quality product to our customers whilst ensuring we provide a stable, secure and highly available platform.
We are heavily investing in our technology team. You will have the opportunity to have a direct influence on the development process, driving automation and transition of infrastructure to cloud service providers. This is the time to join the business, grow your skills and become the best at what you do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Development and QA teams and ensure their maximum productivity
- Design, build, deploy, support and maintain a continuous delivery platform
- Work closely with Ops, Devs and QA for any system troubleshooting during the release process
- Take part in daily stand up's, scrum and sprint meetings
- Take part in sprint planning sessions
- Continuously improve software releases and release process
- Ensure all releases meet the requirements of the change control process (all quality gates passed, documented, monitoring plan, alert runbooks, etc)
- Suggest architecture improvements, recommend process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions
Skills and Experience Required:
- Development background, preferably in C#.NET.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience and understanding of IT operations systems (e.g Windows, Linux, VMWare, WAF, AV) and processes (e.g Change Control)
- Proven ability to code and script
- Proven ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Able to collaborate and reach across functional borders
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud Based deployments
- Background working with monitoring and alerting tools (e.g. ElasticSearch/Graphite/Grafana/iCinga/Graylog).
- Previous experience in working within Financial Services/FinTech