We're looking for a talented DevOps engineer to join our existing team and to help us build new products and experiences for our award-winning group of travel companies. To learn more about us and our vision please visit http://tech.palatinategroup.com / and get to know us better.
To work here you should be experienced in the following:
- Problem solving
- Web infrastructure
- Unix/Linux knowledge
- Configuration management
What do we offer?
We want the best talent in tech to join us in our mission to create the best possible online experience for purchasing niche travel products, ensuring that our customers have a great experience from the moment they first visit one of our sites to the moment they return from their holiday.
This is a mature environment made up of competent specialists afforded the autonomy they deserve to apply their skills. It is about the quality of service we deliver and with that in mind we can offer you the flexibility you need to deliver but also to develop your craft.
We can provide remote working or working from home arrangements with time for you to develop - we designate Friday afternoons dedicated to training and non-project work as a rule.
- WFH one day a week and flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £1k per year training/conference budget
- £500 per annum in travel vouchers to be redeemed with yourgolftravel.com or spabreaks.com
- Quarterly company socials
- Two 4-day working trips in the UK and abroad to our selected travel destinations.
- Referral bonus of £1k if you introduce new staff to the team
- Friday afternoons for training and non project work
- Choose your own tools
About the team
Our team consists of around 30 staff, with a mix of on-site and remote workers, and includes developers, designers, ops, project managers, and tech-support. Our team has an agile mentality, and the users of our systems are heavily involved in all aspects of the work.
We host several websites using different platforms, languages, and databases, as well as in-house sales and customer management systems. Most of our infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud Platform, with a number of projects using Kubernetes. Internally we host some network services and an open source phone-system which we've customised for our sales staff.
Things you could work on:
- Design and deliver new systems using the latest technologies
- Set up tools for monitoring, deployments and dev environments
- Configure, monitor and maintain app servers, load-balancers and other infrastructure
- Analyse our 'big data' to help other business areas
- Investigate and resolve webapp, server, phone-system and networking problems
- Manage firewalls, VPN, phone-system, etc.
The Palatinate Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
- Big Data
- web infrastructure