- Ref: DOLE1 (Multiple positions available)
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: Up to £52,600 (dependent on experience & assessment performance)
- Contract: Full time (40 hours)
- Contract Length: 23 month fixed term & permanent contracts (dependent on eligibility)
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC), with emphasis on innovation, is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. Did we mention that we’re dedicated to innovation? The CIC is a fast-paced and dynamic business, created to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Buzzing with invention, originality and a pioneering spirit, it feels like an entrepreneurial start-up, but with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company.
We offer a unique experience for those with exceptional talent, extraordinary ambitions and forward thinking ideas. The CIC is place for people with real enthusiasm and a passion for IT, a place for those who want a challenge, ask questions, and explore what’s possible.
We could write here about how we want flexible, hard-working and driven individuals to join our rapidly expanding team, and we do, but we’re also looking for more than that. We want people who will go the extra mile, grab the bull by the horns and shout "I can do this!" We’re looking for people that are hungry to grow, who think outside the box and that thrive in a friendly and energetic working environment.
What do we look for in a person?
- Resilience to change - Because it can and will happen
- Passionate - To make a difference
- Inquisitive - Go on, ask a question!
- Team Player - Teamwork makes the dream work
- Fun - As it’s a vital part of our innovative culture!
This is not a list of generic personal attributes, this is a list of what we are looking for in an employee, a list of qualities that we live and breathe in the CIC. If this sounds like you, then we want you in our team!
As one of the world’s largest, and most innovative, companies we deliver top-notch services using cutting-edge technology, so your skills count!
Candidates will have a real passion for the philosophy of DevOps which they'll be able to use to their advantage and deliver value for our clients. They'll be able to design and deploy solutions to the cloud which will allow: automatic provisioning and management of environments; the capability to continuously integrate; containerisation functionality and the automation of testing.
Successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of/or experience in DevOps such as:
- Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, UrbanCode, SonarQube, Nexus
- Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Source code management tools such as GitHub, BitBucket, RTC
- Monitoring tools e.g. Nagios, Zabbix
- Cloud platforms e.g. IBM Bluemix, AWS, Azure
- "Infrastructure as Code" concept using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- System administration of Linux & Windows
- Automation Testing tools e.g. Selenium, JUnit
- Coding & shell scripts using languages such as Bash, Ruby, YAML
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (preferably Agile)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to use initiative to diagnose problems as and when they occur
- Skills working in a secure environment and ability to adhere to security principles
- Preferable experience in support organisation
We’re typically looking for people with a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in STEM discipline, however, if you don’t have a degree but have technical experience and a passion for IT, then of course we will still consider your application.
Perks don’t hurt
As well as a competitive salary and a career in a world- leading IT organisation, we also offer a number of additional benefits! As an employee at the IBM CIC UK, you will receive access to our Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, as well as discounts at leading high street and online retailers. Our offices are modern with agile work spaces, with the addition of flexible break out areas - some of our sites also have table tennis and arcade games!
As the CIC is very much an employee focussed environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
Working in a consultancy environment, you will play an integral part of a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Projects will vary in size, location, and length, some will be a completely new initiative for the client others will be part of an existing major programme. Each project that you work on has its own unique working environment enabling you to build up your network as well as your skills. Every project is different and our employees really value the variety of the roles.
As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to travel to client’s sites and other IBM and CIC centres across the UK, sometimes even further! Travel flexibility is important to us as our clients often like to work with you face to face. You will be expected to travel throughout your employment so we are looking for explorers, those people who are willing to go the extra mile for our clients (quite literally!). If you are not willing to travel to projects then we won’t be able to consider your application.
You must have a UK work permit or visa, valid for a two-year period prior to applying. We’re sorry but we don’t currently offer sponsorship.