DevOps Engineer Wimbledon - competitive + good benefits including 25 days holiday and private healthcare
Part of the Bruin Sports Capital group, Deltatre is a global leader in sport business providing a comprehensive range of digital and broadcast solutions for the world's largest sport events, federations, media partners and brands. With a team of around 500 people across Turin, London, Munich, Hamburg, Paris, Geneva, Miami, Mumbai, Singapore and Tokyo, Deltatre has over 30 years’ experience at the highest level of international sport.
The role required is based out of our head office in Wimbledon and will be focused on our digital operations hosted in Microsoft Azure. The DevOps engineer should support our ongoing cloud software operations and is expected to work closely with the web development department supporting the developers in the continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and testing of their code.
The DevOps Engineer requires the ability to interact and work very closely with various development and operational teams.
As a technology company Deltatre uses the latest technology to run their services in the cloud so we are looking for people who are passionate about technology and are excited to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques.
We are using containerisation, serverless computing and platform-as-a-service offerings from the major cloud vendors to run our services delivering websites and video to audiences on a global scale.
Deltatre uses a largely Microsoft based stack including Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Azure however our platforms are designed to run on any cloud solution and dedicated infrastructure, so knowledge of AWS, docker and virtualised infrastructure would be beneficial.
Given the role supports live sports events, candidates must be available for occasional work during weekends and evenings.
- Use DevOps best practices to guarantee continuous integration and continuous delivery of our software Handling incoming user and project support tickets
- Management and design of Azure’s hosting environments guaranteeing high availability and top performance Maintaining mission critical servers & core network systems infrastructure
- Providing live operational support to key projects ensuring that all services are running and monitoring key performance metrics Assisting with the training process for new IT-infrastructure team staff where applicable
- Automate the performing of continuous load and cache testing
- Guarantee that our solutions are deployed using best security practices
- Make sure our operations run under the projected budget
- Assist in recruitment and training process for new DevOps team staff where applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluency in automating complex manual jobs using PowerShell, Azure CLI and other scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge in TFS, with experience setting up CI/CD and release management
- Good understanding of distributed source control using Git, and Git-Flow best practices
- Practical experience on the automation of integration and load testing
- Excellent knowledge of the Azure platform offerings
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (Akamai highly desirable)
- A strong understanding of DevOps best practices
- Good understanding of HTML, web interfaces, XML configurations
- Ability to express and understand complex technical concepts. Able to communicate this internally.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Developer experience is not essential but an understanding of the role is important
- Excellent knowledge of best practice for cloud IT security
- Microsoft Azure’s Flow and Application Insights experience
- Working experience with Mongo DB and NoSQL
- Linux server management
- Bash and Python scripting
- Interest in sport
Essential: Educated to degree level (Degree in Computer Science or related discipline)
Desirable: Microsoft/Azure qualifications
How To Apply
If you would like to be part of our team and feel you have the right skills and personality for this role, please send a short letter of application (including your salary requirements) and your cv.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job