My client is one of the World’s Largest Online Publishing companies. They have recently come to me with a requirement for a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer to join their small development team in London. You will be the main person responsible for defining our use of Kubernetes and be an integral part in innovating infrastructure, which includes increasing redundancy, reliability and monitoring - as such you will get to work with many interesting technologies.
You will work in close cooperation with our developers and management, which means that you will get a large amount of influence on shaping both your tasks and outcome expectations.
We also encourage you and your colleagues to bring your ideas forward for making our product, the technical setup, the code, features etc. better, so that we together can make the company and our customer experience better.
We aim to empower our employees to make decisions and seek solutions so we as a company can move faster. Therefore, we are looking for a competent and ambitious DevOps Engineer who masters Docker and has a passion for cloud technologies to make strong and scalable architecture for solutions, which will be used by 20+ million users annually.
We appreciate our employees for their talents and effort, and not for their degree or university. Therefore, we do not require that said skills are acquired through a degree, and we have many employees with degrees not applicable to the work they do for us.
- Implement secure role-based Kubernetes cluster
- Develop strategy and solution for global latency reduction
- Setup monitoring and logging of Kubernetes cluster
- Focus on logging and catching bugs early
- Learning about new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general development
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Researching and architecting solutions to solve security and compliance requirements
- Take pride in doing things right and follow best practices
- Analytical mindset
- Excited and curious about new technology
- Thrive individually as well as in a team
- Precise and systematical thinke
MUST HAVES (in order of importance):
- Docker (1+ years)
- Scripting language(s)
- Experience with Kubernetes is an advantage for this role