Role: DevOps Engineer /Linux Systems Administrator
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 DOE
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a DevOps Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator to join a leading provider of technology-led protection services.
This role presents the opportunity to work on a large-scale distributed application in use by many major global media companies from satellite / cable broadcasters and sports video producers, to movie studios.
The successful DevOps Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator will be involved in maintaining and developing infrastructure services while making continued service improvements. They will have a strong Linux background, and will have experience supporting complex multi-tiered services.
They will also be expected to develop their skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
- Working as part of a team on a large-scale application in use daily by major global media companies.
- Planning deployment of new / updated infrastructure components.
- System monitoring and day-to-day management.
- Working with technology and infrastructure vendors.
- Management of data synchronisation and backup processes.
- 2+ Years commercial DevOps/ Linux Systems Administrator experience
- Strong Linux with shell scripting skills
- BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with public cloud service management systems and APIs, including AWS and Google Cloud experience with cloud-based application deployment and dynamic scaling, including the use of serverless architectures.
- Knowledge of version control / source code management tools desirable.
Knowledge of Linux-based virtualisation environments, especially KVM and OpenStack.
- Ubuntu Linux
- Nginx / Apache
- Memchache / Redis
- DNS / HA Proxy
- Puppet / Jenkins
- Docker / Virtual Box / KVM / Openstack
- AWS / Google Cloud
If you are a DevOps Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator looking to continue your career in a leading organisation where you can utilize your skills then please send your latest CV or call Jenny on
Premier are acting as an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job