DevOps Engineer - (Docker, Kubernetes) - Central London - £Neg + Excellent Benefits (Pension, Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme)
Our partner, based in Farringdon, Central London, have an immediate vacancy for a DevOps specialist!
This is a multifunctional split between hands on first and second line support of back end systems and services, and support and development of dev-ops processes. The role includes on-call periods of monitoring alerts, change and support requests, following and improving IT processes to diagnose problems, and achieving fast resolutions.
As a DevOps specialist, you will act in a fast paced environment - activities will comprise of communicating with many engineers and working with many different technologies, while trying to ensure everything is running smoothly and internal customer service is second to none.
This role will focus around becoming a dev-ops champion for the Infrastructure team, promoting best practice, procedures, and coaching for others less skilled in the dev-ops tool set.
- To champion best dev-ops practices within the Infrastructure team and engineering teams.
- To coach less experienced team members in the use of dev-ops tools such as Puppet and Kubernetes.
- To provide first line and second line technical support, through efficient and timely use of the help desk system.
- Provide exemplary communication of activities to the team and line manager, both verbally and using our ticketing system, setting an example for others.
- Research and design solutions, participate and lead various technical projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Good knowledge of common dev-ops practices and automation tools - Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins
- Good knowledge of Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Common monitoring tools, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Xenserver virtulisation
- AWS EC2 / Rackspace / Cloud based hosting environments
- ITIL or similar best practice framework
- Agile process framework
- Windows Server 2012
- Linux Security best practices
Experience: Around 3+ years of experience of working in IT Infrastructure, ideally for a software development firm.
If you would like to become part of a growing team, where your contribution will have a massive impact on the company’s success, please send us your CV immediately.
TSD Specialists Ltd. are an I.T Recruitment Consultancy working exclusively with our partner.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job