Job Title: Devops Engineer
Education: Not Applicable
Location: Ticketmaster Pentonville Road - London, N1 9HF UK (Primary)
Career Level: Experienced
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
The DevOps Engineer will be working as part of an Operations and Reliability team focused on partnering with Software Engineering and Product Mgmt teams to ensure alignment on achieving business goals. The DevOps Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for the B2C products. The suite of products that the DevOps Engineer will be working on is heavily focussed on public cloud adoption and migration.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Support the full system lifecycle for automation and tools including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems.
- Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals.
- Work closely with peers in software engineering teams to implement solutions that are scalable, secure and easily maintained
- Provide infrastructure support for B2C products both in the public cloud and on premise
- Develop tools, both command line and web based, that are responsible for maintenance and management functions of development and production systems
- Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
- Implement monitoring and health check scripts.
- Administer and develop cloud management tools (e.g. self-provisioning scripts.)
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Excellent knowledge of high level languages such as Ruby, Python or batch scripting
- Proven Linux administration experience in a demanding environment
- Previous experience of public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Significant experience working with CMS at large scale.
- Knowledge and experience of containers (Kubernetes clusters, Docker)
- Knowledge of Rundeck / Gitlab CI-CD
- Technical writing skills for documenting environments and procedures
- A strong understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP etc)
- Ability to deliver technical workshops and presentations
- Experience with troubleshooting large complex environments (1,000+ servers)
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Solid knowledge of working with third party APIs
- Experience with automation tools (Chef, Ansible, …)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting system
- Incident management
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.