This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced DevOps Engineer to take up a key development role working to improve the cloud infrastructure. Working in an agile environment as part of the cloud platform team this role will be focused on developing the cloud infrastructure and supporting the software development process of web application, embedded and mobile teams.
- Develop, maintain and support production infrastructure and software systems.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and Integrate security at every level of the stack
- Investigate new technology and solutions as needed.
- Provide an on-call support service as part of a rostered team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with multiple AWS products including - EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience building continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Circle-CI, Gitlab)
- Experience with logging & monitoring technologies such as Prometheus, Sensu, Logstash (ELK) and Cloudwatch.
- Up to date knowledge of Docker or another container technology.
- Configuration management with at least one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Saltstack.
- Strong Linux/UNIX and Web Stack Administration
- Database administration ideally on MongoDB
- Provisioning with Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Knowledge of container orchestration and scheduling technologies (Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Developing database backed applications.
- Deep knowledge of MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Experience with messaging queue technologies (MQTT, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Knowledge of event driven architecture with AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with service discovery with consul or Zookeeper.
- Any additional languages such as Ruby, Erlang, Go or Clojure.
- Cloud Computing
- Development Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job