My Client has an exciting new opportunity, working within a friendly and fun team based at their office in Holborn, London.
How would you like the opportunity to develop in a brand new infrastructure environment without the hang-ups of legacy issues? To work with a team committed to being truly Agile in a company where you can make a significant impact within a short space of time?
My Client is looking for a DevOps Build and Release Manger who can help them with the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of their release pipeline. You will be a champion of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) practices and be accountable for the quality and efficiency of releases with a strong continuous improvement ethic.
Based in their Bury St Edmunds office this is a hands-on technical role as well as providing direction and support to less experienced members of the team. As such, you will be an expert in the configuration of tools and scripting languages needed to fully automate the delivery pipeline. Repeatable, error free, push button deployments to all environments is your goal.
- Working in an agile environment
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, feature toggling, gradual exposure, branch handling
- Implementation of build pipelines on a Cloud platform
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration, configuration management and version control tooling
- Ability to integrate test automation suites into a delivery pipeline
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards used in financial industry (e.g., FCA, PCI, SOX)
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Development background using php/.net
- In-depth understanding of VSTS or TFS version control, build and release pipeline configuration
- Cloud platform deployment to Azure (preferred) or AWS
- IaaC skills to deploy and maintain/create a sets of VMs and services templating.
- Web Apps/Services deployments on cloud and premises experience
- Scripting (e.g. Powershell, Python)
- Linux basic administration/shell scripting
- Web server basic administration
- Package management (e.g. VSTS, Artifactory, Nexus)
- Database deployment tools (e.g. DACPAC)
- Test integration (e.g. Gherkin, Specflow, JMeter, NUnit, Selenium)
- Exposure to other release related technologies
- Understanding of core technology components (e,g, LAN, WAN, and wireless communications and protocols, LINUX and Windows operating systems, and relational databases)
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job