DevOps Engineer - All Grades, Junior To Senior
You must already hold, or be eligible to hold, an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance to be considered.
Be part of something dynamic and join us as a DevOps Engineer for the Top Employer in the UK.
We are growing our digital team of agile service design specialists to build and deliver user centred services and solutions in partnership with our clients across England and Wales. We need DevOps Engineers at all levels, with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies to help us build our digital hubs in London, Reading, Wales and Birmingham.
You will be a talented member with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies, to join our agile team and to help us build one of the greatest digital hubs in the London area.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a DevOps Engineer you your work will include a multitude interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. As a senior engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for our clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (linux or windows) is required.
- Senior Engineers will need to show experience across most of the below
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, our client is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
OUr Success challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"