Device & Packaging Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a R&D Device & Packaging Engineer to work at their facility based in Cheshire
- To generate troubleshooting procedures, flowcharts or tables allowing sufficient thought about the steps to take in troubleshooting and organising the troubleshooting into the most efficient troubleshooting processes.
- To identify and diagnose the "trouble" in the process flow of a corporation or a system caused by failure.
- To initiate processes, corrective action plans, to prevent further or future failures. Preventing actions are possible using e.g. failure mode effect (FMEA) and fishbone or fault tree analysis (FTA).
- To identify and isolate the specific cause, malfunction or causes of the symptom and report.
- To introduce or review methods, procedures and processes using a wide range of analytical or other techniques.
- To evaluate trends and complaints.
- Support Global R&D device development activities ensuring the right packs, device, processes or strategy have been selected.
- Set and review specifications for packaging components and raw materials.
- Supporting projects and processes through identification and implementation of technical solutions that involve packaging material selection and testing, interactions with packaging materials, packaging machinability, components assembly and manufacturing or packaging processes.
- Provide technical input to the Device Technology and Packaging landscape for the group in GR&D.
- Initiate, plan, organise and/or execute packaging simulation and compatibility testing. This to generate data and evidence of combination product/device safety and efficacy. This includes shipping studies.
- Provide technical support to define and continuously improve Business Development activities for devices, combination products and technical processes.
- Manage relationships with primary, secondary pack and device suppliers, manufacturers, contract design houses, contract manufacturing companies, specialist test houses.
- Evaluate higher barrier value creation product or process opportunities to be added to further the pipeline.
- Supporting packaging and device developments initiatives and processes from concept to commercialization, working closely with R&D units, regulatory, quality assurance, operations, business teams, functional partners, packaging suppliers and manufacturers.
- Degree in Process Engineering, Device Engineering, Packaging Technology or similar/Post Graduate Education Material Science, Physics, Chemistry
- Significant track record in management of trouble shooting activities.
- Proficiency in use of project management tools.
- Ability to work in Cross functional teams
- In-depth knowledge (through practical experience) of GMP, EU and FDA regulatory requirements
- Understanding of packaging, device development and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of packaging or device and drug/device combination regulatory and quality requirements
- Understanding manufacturing processes and testing procedures
- Product development knowledge (through experience)
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 13/04/2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job