Are you a materials science graduate or do you have development technical experience?
Want a competitive salary and experience working for a company that will support your career development?
Then read on!
Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience
Our client is currently recruiting a Development Technician for their R&D Laboratory.
The company was founded in 1973 with the ambition of supplying the Steel and Metals industry with innovative ceramic refractories and state-of-the-art engineering solutions.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with previous experience as a development technician or individual with a degree in a similar field looking to gain experience in ceramics / concrete development or materials testing.
The role is temporary but could become permanent for the right candidate!
Whilst working at the company you will support the Refractories Research and Development team in the development and introduction of new products or processes in conjunction with the product management and manufacturing teams.
- Working with R&D engineers to develop the next generation of refractory solutions
- Working on the shop floor testing refractory samples
- Routine sample preparation including mixing, forming and polishing
- Carrying out mechanical testing / cold strength testing and evaluating results
- Inputting information to Excel and reporting it to the relevant engineer
- Offering technical support to manufacturing, product management, as well as customers
- Practical problem solving of new product introductions or customer complaints
- Identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency of the R&D team and the service it provides to internal and external customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Materials science / metallurgy or material-based qualification
- Experience of materials manufacture / development in a production environment preferred
- Able to focus processes and procedures to remain compliant with standards specifications
- Assisting with improvements to procedures and operating methods to increase efficiency
- IT literate including MS Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but must be self-starting
- Analytical approach with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Creative problem solver
- Motivated, positive approach to tackling challenges
- Observant with attention to detail
Mon - Thurs
08:30 to 17:00 - 1 hour lunch break
08:30 to 14:00 - 30 minutes lunch break
How to apply for the Development Technician job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Development Technician job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Development Technician, Manufacturing, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Manufactural Technician, R&D, Research and Development, Product Management, Product Development, Materials Developer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'