Development Technical Lead / Bournemouth OR Croydon
**This role can be permanently based in Bournemouth OR Croydon, flexible to work either site up to 2 days per week**
About the role
As the technical lead working within a successful and motivated team you will be providing leadership in analysing user requirements, then helping to build and design IT solutions to meet our General Insurance business needs. You will need to ensure other developers’ work is of a high level by setting the standard in the work that you produce. You will be making a significant contribution in delivering effective IT solutions as well as pro-actively seeking opportunities to improve technical / business processes and mentoring other developers along the way. We need you to be building best in class technical solutions and support systems using the full development cycle and agile methodologies. You will enjoy problem solving and finding solutions, and being the go-to person as far as MI / Data application development and integration services technology is concerned. What’s more you will seek ways of continuous process improvement as well as instil active application of development team best practice.
When it comes finding solutions and working proactively, you’ll be a natural. You’ll be able to work independently as well as being a technological expert as part of a wider team to provide IT solutions and analyse business needs. You will have a natural leadership ability to set the technical lead and provide guidance to other developers. We need you to have expert experience of data modelling, structure database development and reference architecture of data integration. Ideally, you will have experience in General Insurance and previously worked within a Regulatory change/Transformation change programme with the ability to be innovative and motivate others. Just as importantly, a strong working knowledge of design, development and testing, and be accredited in this or be experienced in leading the development of it.
- Experience of working both using an agile methodology and a traditional waterfall method
- Expert knowledge of data modelling for analysis/analytics solutions using data modelling tools (ER/Studio, ERwin), including 3rd normal form data warehousing; star schema; and data vault 2.0;
- Expert knowledge of structured database development/analysis for data warehousing and analysis using either Oracle 12c or SQL Server;
- Expert knowledge of reference architecture for data integration, including patterns for extract, transform, load; data quality management; reconciliation management; and scheduling.
- Whether permanently based in Bournemouth or Croydon, flexible to work either site up to 2 days per week.
- Knowledge/experience of the Guidewire insurance suite including PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter, and DataHub;
- Practical experience of delivery of data warehousing and analytics solution on Microsoft Azure cloud including Microsoft Data Factory and Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge/experience of structured/unstructured data platform development using Microsoft Azure;
- Knowledge/experience of RESTful or SOAP API data service development;
- Knowledge of key performance indicators/metrics used in the insurance industry for performance management across the enterprise;
- Knowledge/experience of working collaboratively with a Business Information Governance forum for the improvement of data management practices for management information/analytical reporting.
About the Rewards
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure.
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
- Sql Server
- Star Schema
- Data Quality