As a Lead DevOps Engineer, your key focus will be to drive automation of processes within our internal development team, offshore teams and 3rd party development partners, pushing our automation and best practices into our and our providers' operations in order to successfully and rapidly deliver high class, high quality mobile app solutions. From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients and even be collocated directly with our remote teams or clients when required.
In this role we are looking for someone who loves automating SDLC practices and is comfortable working between software development and cloud operations. You will be someone who is excited about exploring new technologies, programming languages and paradigms as we push to improve our own operations in continuing to provide best in class offerings to our growing range of clients.
- 3+ years of experience in programming & debugging using one or more languages (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with test driven development and building and integrating automated test harnesses with industry standard tools (e.g. Robot, Cucumber, TestRail, Selenium, Appium, OCMock)
- Experience with continuous integration and building continuous delivery pipelines with industry standard tools (make, ant, maven, bamboo)
- Proven understanding and/or experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Firebase.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) or similar tools
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm
- Solid understanding / experience with Windows & *nix operating systems.
- Experience in monitoring design & data driven decision-making
- Experience working on-call for support
- Significant hands-on knowledge of the Atlassian tools suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Knowledge of core IT operations and practices (ITSM) in highly-available and resilient environment.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Solid experience with multiple IDE’s including solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Knowledge/experience in software engineering standard methodologies (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability).
The company is an award winning mobile consultancy that has offices in the UK, Ireland and the USA. They work with many global organisations that are household names.
We are only able to accept applications from those currently authorised to live and work in the UK
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job