This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within an organisation going through a period of rapid development within private and social housing sectors.
*To assist in producing and delivering the Development Programme in accordance with the Development Strategy, Policies and Procedures, ensuring that targets are met and that programmes are delivered within budget, to specification and to timescale.
*To create and strengthen relations with Local Authorities and other strategic partners. To generate new business opportunities.
*To manage new build and refurbishment construction projects from conception to completion.
*To develop new homes of various tenures including social rented and older persons units, shared ownership and open market sale units and market rent and sub-market rent properties for Yorkshire Housing in terms of market need, Neighbourhoods need, LA and HCA requirements, internal specifications and asset management linked processes.
* Identify new development opportunities, in line with the Development Strategy, to assist in delivering a range of housing in accordance with the Business Plan.
* Have overall responsibility for the project management of a number of developments through the co-ordination of the activities of solicitors, consultants, contractors, developers and other members of the Departments staff, to ensure that individual developments meet the specification and programming cost requirements and are managed within the YH risk profile.
* To have knowledge of funding agency regulations such as the Homes and Communities Agency as well as experience of Health and Safety obligations and Building Regulations to ensure that Developments are produced to the necessary standards and to procure any works through the appropriate YH framework.
* Undertake financial viability assessments and Directors Approval reports, as requested, utilising written communication and numeracy skills, to accurately describe and appraise developments to ensure that all necessary financial parameters are met and policies and strategies are followed and to appropriately forecast and re-forecast budget proposals and actual spend.
* To actively liaise and create strong relationships with our Partners - Local Authorities, Developers, Consultants, and other internal stakeholders.
* Generally, to have input into the review of Development Policies and Procedures, and to be pro-active in terms of identifying and analysing new ways of producing homes in accordance with the Development Strategy.
*Good understanding and experience in housing development and construction particularly Project Managing New build Housing schemes including all rent and market sale tenures and older persons accommodation.
*Experience of managing a complex development programme and substantial budget.
*Experience of building internal and external relationships and strategic partnerships e.g. QS, Architect and Contractor. Internal relationships with Maintenance, Investment and Housing Management.
*Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the relevant external environment and the impact on YH.
*Experience and Knowledge of Building Regulations and regulatory and legislative requirements
Package & benefits
*£41,700 per annum
*£2,000 car allowance
*25+8 Holidays (increases with service up to 30)
*Social Housing Pension Scheme
Badenoch and Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch and Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch and Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy
- new build
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'