The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a Systems Architecture Development/Product Manager for a global leader in monitoring technologies, products and systems based in Worksop.
The client is an exciting fast growing technology based industrial services company. They are a global provider of condition based equipment monitoring and health systems. They develop and manufacture advanced product condition detection and monitoring sensors and a range of intelligent display and analytic tools and applications that enable operators of equipment to interpret and use the data produced by their sensors. Their core technology provides a unique insight into the condition of the product and thus the operating status and health of equipment. The clients' customers include some of the world’s leading engineering and manufacturing multi-nationals.
This is an ideal position for an ambitious and talented development engineer who has had some product development managerial experience and now wishes to take on the challenge of real R&D through the ownership of the technical specification and design of advanced electronic products and software systems.
The Systems Architect will:
- You will evolve high level product functionality requirement specifications into detailed product development specifications.
- Bridge the gap between product functionality requirements and front-line R&D and must ensure that product architectures are developed which are innovative to enable the delivery of leading edge performance, but also realisable by the development team and available components, design tools and manufacturing.
- Be responsible for the high level design and fundamental electronic (hardware and software) architecture.
- You will work as part of the development team to design and develop world class products and ensure that the fundamental architectures are robust and deliver the required functionality, form factor and cost profile.
- You will ensure the complete product design is considered in a holistic manner and detailed consideration is given to the environment in which the product is to be installed, and how it will be used.
- You will work with the development team to design the electrical hardware and software architectures of the clients products.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities and experience:
- You will have a minimum of 10 years experience of complex electronic hardware and or embedded real time operating software development as part of a complete product development.
- Experience of designing the core electronic architecture design of an electro-mechanical product. This should include evidence of product development project management.
- An appreciation of the performance and quality requirements of products which must operate in mission critical industrial and commercial applications and environments.
- An appreciation and or knowledge of sensor technologies and concepts, theoretical and or practical would be an advantage.
- Experience of implementing communication strategies for complex electronic hardware and embedded real time operating software, for example RS485, CANbus and Modbus.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and implementing distributed and scalable IP network architectures would be an advantage.
- Formal education with a degree in engineering, maths or similar discipline.
This is a senior management position reporting directly to the Managing Director. Subsequently, You'll be rewarded with a basic salary of £70,000 P/A as well as an attractive package.
To find out more about this position or the company in question, Please contact Jordan May on or or click 'Apply Now'.