Senior technical resource focused on development and improvement activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development and introduction of new products in line with business needs.
• Lead projects to improve product quality and/or decrease cost (eg. Yield, Right First Time).
• Interface with customers on defining technical requirements and approval programs.
• Work closely with operations to progress development and improvement activities.
• Assist Product Metallurgists with complex metallurgical problems.
Skills, Experience & Qualification
• Batchelor’s Degree or higher in Metallurgy, Materials Science.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant industrial environment with demonstrable experience within the aerospace, oil and gas or power generation sector.
• A solid understanding of the physical metallurgy of steel and nickel based alloys allied with metallographic and mechanical testing knowledge.
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects to completion via a systematic approach.
• Demonstrable experience of OEM quality systems, specifications and approval requirements.
• Knowledge and application of improvement tools and techniques – RCCA, problem solving, error proofing, RAA, SPC.
• 6 Sigma qualification.
• 8D Problem solving qualification.
• Project management qualification.
• Business improvement/ Lean manufacturing qualification.
Candidates with new product introduction and product development within a Metallurgical discipline would be advantageous.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business