As the client side Development Manager you will be working closely with other internal disciplines such as Land, Legal and Sales & Marketing in order to help ensure the successful completion and sale of all projects in line with the company's business plan.
Our client is an established Developer which can also operate as Principal Contractor and has a strong track-record in creating successful joint ventures in both the private and public sectors for the delivery of multi-phased, residential led mixed use schemes which also incorporate new facilities such as schools, health & community centres and offices.
- Work with the Development Surveyor, Planning and Design Managers through the Planning, Design stages and ensure project programmes are achieved;
- Project manage larger schemes through the same development stages;
- Manage Project Action Lists and Development Programmes;
- Manage project Risk Registers to ensure the company's risks are mitigated or managed;
- Manage internal teams and external consultants throughout design stages, planning and project delivery on site;
- Work with the internal Development and Legal teams in ensuring that new Development Agreements are suitable for project delivery;
- Work with the Legal Department and Pre-Contract team on JCT Design and Build Contracts, Consultant Appointments and Warranties;
- Manage the due diligence process leading to land transfer;
- Work with the Legal Department and Finance team in the completion of the due diligence required for bank funding;
- Undertake financial modelling of development projects;
- Carry out residual valuations;
- Update quarterly financial forecasts working with the Finance team;
- Manage the Development and Land cost budgets;
- Manage the pre-application process and manage the co-ordination of the planning design and ensure consultation with the Construction and Commercial teams to ensure deliverability and viability;
- Negotiate planning agreements and S.106 payments and obligations;
- Manage the consultation process with residents, users, neighbours and local stakeholders;
- Manage the product design process working with the Design Manager and Sales and Marketing Manager to ensure that homes on our developments are suitable for the market and our customers;
- Manage the drafting and update of Design Briefs and Specifications;
- Chair or attend Design Meetings and lead on development issues.
In order to be considered you must demonstrate a successful track record as a client-side Development Manager where you previously worked for small to medium sized Property Company and have delivered residential construction projects in Greater London area.
MRICS qualification is preferable but not essential.
A competitive salary and good benefits/bonus package.
- Development Manager
- option agreements
- Development agreements
- residential led mixed use projects