Our client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their client's growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get them there!
The Development Manager Role
Our client is now investing in the development of a world class engineering function. As the team has scaled the opportunity to install dedicated engineering managers to drive team improvements, ensure team focus and deliver against our plans.
This is key strategic role within Engineering and they are looking for highly motivated individuals to help them achieve their vision.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious Development manager looking for an opportunity to build and develop a new engineering management team.
The Development Manager’s Team:
The Technology team’s vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. They expect much of their growth to come from great ideas their team members generate, with their collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. They strongly believe it is their team that can deliver this impact.
Responsibilities of the Development Manager:
- Line manage 5-7 engineers against our engineering management framework
- Train and coach others in the department to become engineering managers
- Work with the People Team to grow the team of front end and back end developers
- Create a learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Help improve our lean and agile development processes
- Lead daily stand-ups with developers, QA, UX, Product owners and Product managers
- Lead retrospectives and planning sessions
- Ownership of team cycle times
- Communicate with Product Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other Developers on development progress
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
- Communicate progress within the team, spot issues as they arise and facilitate solutions to these
The Ideal Candidate for Development Manager Role
- Has proven leadership skills as a line manager and coach to at least 3 engineers
- Has very strong coding background
- Has experience of working in a lean and agile team with strong focus on continual improvement
- Has experience of building a team; devising job specs, interviewing and selling the company
- Is commercially astute
- May have experience with TDD and continuous deployment
Package for Development Manager
- £1,000 training budget per annum
- 25 Internal Training modules that run every quarter
- Unlimited book allowance and access to fully stocked library
- Annual trips to Ibiza upon hitting company targets
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day - plus amazing coffee!
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm - we promote a work life balance
- Monthly company-wide lunches
- Sport clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga, Boxing, Personal Training sessions, Cycling and Ultimate Frisbee
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Dedicated Social Committee that organises regular socials such as Easter Egg hunts, Comedy Nights, Pub Quiz’s, FIFA tournaments, company festivals
If you know you have what it takes to manage a team of exceptional engineers, then please apply now.
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job