Science Solutions are currently recruiting for a Development Manager or a Senior Development Chemist for a manufacturer of household products based in Devon.
The role is to add a layer of technical leadership into the team, and will be reporting in to the Technical Director.
- To ensure, all products produced meet the customer brief and all the appropriate regulatory requirements.
- The creation of innovative cosmetic, home fragrance and candle formulations / samples of a suitable quality as requested.
- To ensure that all home fragrances raw materials are tested in-line with protocols, in accordance with procedures.
- To ensure candle production samples conform to quality standards and provide support for candle manufacturing.
- Coordinate the formulation development processes of the business (to include stability, compatibility, challenge test procedures, formulation costings and approved product set up) ensuring all information is accurately recorded and passed on to relevant departments.
- Liaising with the Commercial and Business Development teams to help with project management of customer briefs.
- Identify opportunities and develop new and innovative products and process improvements.
- Evaluating the stability and compatibility profiles of product, ensuring they are safe and stable for manufacture.
- To keep up-to-date with relevant legislation and regulations pertaining to the products produced.
- Liaise with external raw material suppliers or service providers (external testing) as required.
- Ensure effective training and appraisals are carried out within the Development Laboratory team.
- To carry out any reasonable task as directed by the Regulatory and R&D Manager.
Skills and experience:
- BSc or similar in Chemistry or related subject
- Significant household products formulation experience, or experience from other industries, such as cosmetics, personal care or fragrances
- Ideally experience of developing candles, diffusers and fragrances
- personal care
- technical manager
- household products
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job