Job; Development Manager - Hayes & Remote
As a trusted technology partner, this successful digital agency designs and delivers innovative technology solutions to businesses of all sizes. They are an innovative, dynamic and trusted technology partner to a diverse range of brand names. With 10 years’ experience, their creative solutions, out of the box thinking and intense customer focus is what helps them to stand out in the crowd.
They have talented teams of specialists in three divisions: Digital, Enterprise Solutions and Products. Following their successful period of growth and transformation, they are now looking for a Head of Development/Dev Manager with a strong LAMP background and experience managing multiple development teams in geographically dispersed locations.
Reporting directly to their CEO, you will lead their development group. In this role, you will be given responsibility for leading (both offshore and onshore) development teams who are responsible for creating scalable, high quality technology platforms/products for clients based in the media, marketing, content management and retail packaging sectors, you will also lead any strategic platform development. This is key role in their organisation; you will be supporting the development of some significant key client time-bound projects, strategic group projects and the on-going implementation of their technical strategy.
The main areas of initial focus will be;
- Support and manage key elements of an on-going transformation program within their technical team.
- Technical leadership including gaining a deep understanding of current platforms and technologies used and shaping future direction.
- Ownership for defining engineering process and deliverables.
- Team leadership: Coaching, support and development of their development team
- Optimising development quality, velocity and cost.
- Management and prioritisation for all development and technical deliverables.
- Management of resolutions, and escalation path for live production incidents.
- Day to day management of their technical development team, including fostering a strong cohesive working relationship with other teams.
- Train, coach and mentor their development team and establish PDR’s and team and individual objectives, which are measured at agreed periods.
- Management and prioritisation of development and technical deliverables for all on-going development projects including new feature/function delivery, bugs/quality resolutions, technical/architecture improvements.
- Ongoing implementation and continuous improvement of their current software development life cycle - Agile SCRUM and Agile Kanban, including optimisation of productivity and quality.
- Working closely with their product group and user experience resources through full SDLC, helping to evaluate, plan, build and deliver great features through agile methodology.
- On-going development of their technical strategy / technical roadmap - and close alignment with their feature strategy and feature roadmap.
- Leading continuous development and integration of their main applications and products, and leading development of their strategic marketing resource management / DAM platform.
- Work with senior development / architecture leads to implement best-practice development and engineering techniques within their chosen frameworks (such as Symfony within a LAMP environment).
- Manage their testing team and implement increased testing automation / test coverage.
- Support business development teams and product owners in new business development RFI, RFP and pitches as required.
- Handle key administrative functions - reporting, managing a development budget/P&L, recruitment, staff training, hiring staff/contractors, management of their 3rd party offshore development partner (experience of managing offshore development team(s) is essential).
- Excellent people management skills - including experience managing development teams across multiple locations.
- Demonstrable track record managing multiple in-house and third-party development resources/teams.
- Experience in transforming monolithic / legacy applications to Cloud Hosted (Amazon) Micro Services for 24 x 7 availability.
- Experience of establishing automated testing and CI.
- Experience interacting with customers, suppliers and business stakeholders.
- A track record delivering scalable web apps or platforms through the LAMP stack.
- A strong understanding of agile methodology, particularly Scrum.
- A drive to deliver robust code through TDD/BDD.
- Good knowledge of large-scale application architectures and technology stacks.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns.
- Understanding of infrastructure/dev-ops processes and a track record of optimising applications and platforms for cloud.
- Experience of Unix/ Linux platforms.
- £’s; fully DoE up to £75k.
- Benefits; 25 days’ holidays, company pension, profit share scheme, flexible working hours, 1-day per week home working,
- Location; West Drayton, Middlesex.
- How to get to them; West Drayton offices 5 mins walk to/from West Drayton station (which is connected to London Paddington - 21 mins).
- Interested? Please send your (Word) CV.
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee.
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship).
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; West Drayton West London Borough Hillingdon Yiewsley Middlesex head of development development manager lamp martech adtech mediatech JIRA agile scrum manage management lead leader digital online web unix linux apache mysql php tdd bdd cloud amazon Kanban html css app application strategy strategic open source resource client customer qa technology offshore team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'