Our London based publishing client is looking for a Development Manager, responsible for global technology. This key senior hire will be accountable for managing and coordinating the resources and processes to deliver software releases, leading long-term improvement, and contributing to the strategy for the applications development team.
- Responsible for the health and maintenance of assigned applications and systems
- Contribute to the overall management of the department and to the development of strategy, policy and practice
- Recruit and Build effective teams as well as monitoring, reviewing and evaluating performance of individuals, managers and teams
- Identify and lead change initiatives within the team and at departmental level
- Work with business stakeholders and IT leaders to prioritize enhancements and projects
- Monitor and take responsibility for managing resources and budget planning
- Assist in the growth and development of department resources, providing specialist guidance and support, acting as a mentor/coach
Experience / skills required:
- Significant experience of IT management and strong leadership required
- In-depth experience with software development and/or information technology support and life cycle processes required
- Knowledge of supporting ERP
- Technical skills and MS technology stack
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work on projects and prioritise
- Publishing industry experience preferred
- Degree in related field or equivalent
Please apply online, via Reed
Contact: David Martin
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job