Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced Development Lead - Full Stack, to join an innovative and fast-growing company in Newton Abbot and lead development of digital solutions for eCommerce and related systems as well as oversee a highly skilled team of Developers.
- Management - lead and motivate a team of highly skilled developers, encouraging code best practice and ensuring projects are pushed through the development cycle in a highly efficient manner. Day to day management including holiday and sickness absence, appraisals and workload monitoring.
- Planning and Execution - measure, forecast, estimate and product project plans. Build and develop websites, desktop and mobile applications and services as well as design and optimise databases.
- Performance Optimisation - design and produce automated load and performance tests and carry out system performance optimisations.
- Data Analysis - analyse metrics and make data led decisions as well as implement and configure analysis and monitoring tools.
- Employee and Business Development - oversee the integration of new systems and workflows and share knowledge on development and ecommerce best practice.
- Problem Solving - anticipate future requirements and develop innovative solutions to business needs. Analyse and debug problems in source code and database systems and build error logging and management into applications.
- User Experience - design and develop clear and simple to use interfaces and ensure that the customer is at the heart of all design and interface needs.
- Coding - design and develop in clear and consistent code, producing object orientated code optimised for performance.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of managing teams of developers in a motivational manner
- A strong passion for best practice and implementing new systems and procedures to support this
- Experience of working closely with other commercial business functions to ensure both a proactive and reactive approach to development
- Experience of working in an agile methodology highly advantageous
- Working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET and SQL
- Experience creating and implementing rich, innovative user experiences
- Always researching emerging technologies and a desire to drive technology forward
- Proven experience in Responsible Web Development using frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap
- Ability to deliver clean maintainable code
- A high-level understanding of system and data architecture, unit, integration and performance testing.
- API development, MVC, Web Forms and WebAPI, database development, mobile development, testing
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to thrive in a dynamic, sociable and hard-working team environment. Our client will offer all the necessary support for the successful candidate to gain an in-depth understanding of the business from all angles - there will be an opportunity to play a pivotal role in development projects from day one and truly be involved in a forward-thinking business working with cutting edge technologies and projects.
- Development Projects
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job