At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We require a Development Engineer to become part of a successful innovation team based in Basingstoke. Reporting to the Cryogenic Technology Manager, you will play a key role in generating and developing new cryogenic-food technology applications, through innovative laboratory and field research and development. You will work with the marketing and commercial development teams and directly with customers to identify needs and possible solutions. New innovative technologies will then be constructed in the lab or at the customer site to develop, demonstrate and commercialise the technology.
As the Development Engineer, you will:
- Develop new and improved applications to a level ready for commercial launch, creating new business opportunity and superior market position
- Understand and solve customer requirements and technical problems
- Select the best technical solutions for the customer requirements
- Develop new ideas by capturing customer and industry needs
- Conduct trials and demonstrations at customer sites and within the laboratory
- Commission and validate developed equipment
- Provide technical consultancy and training to the technical sales function, to assist with the evaluation of customer ideas, introduction of new technology, and maintenance of key customer account
As the Development Engineer you will have:
- Engineering Degree (Biotechnology, Chemical, Electromechanical, Electrical, Process or other relevant)
- Experience of formulating laboratory and field research trials
- Experience with food machinery and cryogenics will be advantageous
- Good communication skills at all levels
- High degree of flexibility and ability to juggle priorities
- Project management skills will be an asset
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve & contribute
What We Offer:
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth & development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"