Role: Development Engineer
Would you like to be apart of a large organisation where you dont get lost in numbers and be at the front end of technology and make a difference?
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products for industrial applications. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, whilst having a solid grasp of the background technical theory. There is scope for development within the role, making it equally appropriate for graduate entry applicants or engineers in the early stages of their career.
· Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
· Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
· Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
· Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
· Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments.
· Analytical, evidence driven approach
· Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
· Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable.
· Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
· Familiarity with the following would be advantageous:
o basic scripting languages such as lua
o CAD packages such as CREO
o analytical tools such as Mathcad
o modeling packages such as Comsol at a sufficient level to communicate ideas
The successful candidate will be required to work in a lean environment along with being able to mange a range of projects (small, medium, large) and work under pressure with a fast paced workplace.
Ideal candidate will be qualified to an HNC level or equivalent and have direct experience within an R&D/commercial environment.
Should you be interested in the above role please apply or contact Hollie on .
R&D/development engineer/mechanical engineer/aerospace/automotive/senior development engineer/junior development engineer/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job