The Trust & Identity Service product and services are a family of privacy preserving authentication and authorisation infrastructures and supporting services. Our client is looking for a presales / development engineer to support this family of services, products and innovations. The services have a user base that covers almost 100 countries, with multiple thousands of sites and services using the infrastructures delivered by multiple partners and scaling globally.
• Identify new potential users/customers and carry out presales & sales/take-up promotion activities
• Help to prepare demonstration environments, outreach materials in collaboration with development and operations teams and with PR.
• Provide clear guidance to operations with respect to uptake of the service, customer characteristics and timelines.
• Provide expertise to generic business development on T&I services.
• Work in collaboration with the project development officers, partner relations team and business development officers to support the community.
In addition to the above you will carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required. The position involves regular travel mainly in Europe, but occasionally world-wide.
Person Specification Qualifications, experience and knowledge
• Demonstrable general technical networking knowledge
• Knowledge of Trust & Identity technologies (such as SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Shibboleth, SimpleSamlPHP)
• Experience of identifying requirements from potential customers/users and matching them to existing solutions in a product portfolio, or clearly articulating feature requests and associated timelines
• Experience of demonstrating and explaining a product portfolio in depth • Ability to fluently speak and write in English
• Experience of successfully engaging with inexperienced users and technical experts
• An interest in, and appreciation of, scientific research and the working practices in the academic community
• Other language skills
• Knowledge of the client community and other international networking initiatives
• Knowledge of, and familiarity with, commercial entities that can leverage the client infrastructure
• Knowledge and understanding of requirement gathering and feedback techniques
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated
• Proactive starter-finisher who will identify and work on tasks independently
• Team player with ability to work in a changing and nuanced environment
• Persuasive communicator and collaborator
• Able to build and maintain trust between diverse groups across multiple cultural environments
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly, often without the focus of formalised training
• Willingness and ability to travel within Europe and occasionally world-wide
• Able to function well under stress and to work to deadlines The salary will be paid in Euro's
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Proactive starter-finisher who will identify and work on tasks independently
- Team player with ability to work in a changing and nuanced environment
- Persuasive communicator and collaborator
- Able to build and maintain trust between diverse groups across multiple cultural environments
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly, often without the focus of formalised training
- Willingness and ability to travel within Europe and occasionally world-wide
- Able to function well under stress and to work to deadlines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job