Job Description For Vacancy No: 239286T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: DerbyshireJob Position: Senior / Principal Development Engineer - Engines
Job Status: Permanent
Qualifications & Experience:
General knowledge of engine systems supported by more specific knowledge in one or more of the following areas, Major castings, Power conversion, Lubrication system, Cooling system, CCV system, Valve train, Air path, Rotating electrics, Front end accessory drive (FEAD), NVH, Strain gauge measurement.
- Designing dynamometer and rig based engine tests, test engineering (e.g. specification of instrumentation, test planning, test automation, data logging)
- Test cell and engine control familiarity
- Post processing data and post-test evaluation.
- Fault tree analysis / FMEA / practical problem solving.
- Report writing and presenting findings
A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Strong general knowledge of diesel/gasoline/gas engine fundamentals, after treatment systems and their application.
Development Engineers are responsible for developing and validating our range of diesel engines to ensure product satisfaction for our global customer base. This role includes the following activities:
Mechanical Development Engineers are responsible for developing our engines to meet challenging requirements for durability and fault free performance.
In this role Mechanical Development Engineers use their engine knowledge and test engineering skills to develop and execute tests to evaluate and validate component/system performance.
Salary: £30,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
Fringe Benefits: Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
- Cooling system
- General knowledge of engine systems supported by more specific knowledge in one or more of the following areas
- Major castings
- Power conversion
- Lubrication system
- CCV system
- Valve train
- Air path
- Rotating electrics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job