Development Engineer - North West
Your new company
An opportunity has arisen for an Development Engineer to join a successful residential developer in the North West; my client is seeking an experienced Engineer within the house building industry.My client is looking for an experienced Engineer with over 5 years' experience (ideally with a housing developer) to control and co-ordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments. To ensure all approvals are obtained and information received issued to allow for a programmed start on site. To understand, implement and adhere to the company policy/strategy.
Your new role
- Co-ordination and administration of topographical surveys, geotechnical/geo-environmental surveys, CCTV drainage surveys, utility surveys, structural surveys.
- General engineering support to the technical managers; and the land, commercial, sales and customer care departments.
- Engineering appraisals of prospective development land.
- Co-ordination and administration of utility service disconnections and diversions of existing utility apparatus.
- Co-ordination and administration of new utility mains and services connections designs and quotations.
- Appointment of external civil engineering and structural engineering consultants, and the co-ordination and checking of the consultant's designs.
- Co-ordination and administration of specialist foundation designs and quotations.
- Co-ordination and administration of S38 and S278 highway works Agreements, S104 sewer adoption Agreements and S106 sewer connections applications.
- Co-ordination and administration of road works licensing applications.
- Participation in pre-contract, pre-start and project progress meetings.
- Liaison with Highway Engineers, Water Authority Engineers, Local Authority officers.
- Daily computer usage, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, printing/plotting and processing of electronic drawing files.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience within development in a housing environment
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Understanding of local government
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- A background Working for a major housing developer would be advantageous for this role
What you'll get in return
On offer to the successful engineer is a highly competitive (dependent on experience) as other fringe benefits. The company also offers all engineers a structured route for progression paired with further training and development throughout your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job