A globally recognised personal care manufacturing business is currently recruiting for a Development Chemist to join its R&D department on a 12 month FTC, based in Folkestone. As a Development Chemist, you will play an important role in formulating new innovative products, initiating new product concepts and presenting technical projects to a wider audience.
To be eligible to apply, you will have recently completed a BSc/MSci/MChem level qualification in Chemistry, coupled with a relevant industrial placement year or post-graduate experience. In return, this opportunity will provide an excellent platform to progress a successful career-focused to R&D.
Development Chemist Responsibilities
- Developing and formulating products as directed by the New Product Development group.
- Initiating new product concepts.
- Develop product demonstrations for new innovation.
- To be involved with laboratory or in use tests to determine the product's properties.
- Working with Quality Control and Packaging Departments to provide technical support.
- Marketing - supply of samples and information for new or existing formulations.
- Placing products on stability both from new developments and existing production runs over a variety of formats e.g. aerosols, liquids, tubes.
- Exposure to project meetings and discussions with various other departments in the business.
Development Chemist Requirements
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Have completed either an industrial placement year or post-graduate experience in a development/R&D environment - ideally within the FMCG/Personal Care market (closely related).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally, forge strong working relationships and build effective project teams.
- Self-motivated, energetic & positive attitude.
- Proactive solutions and problem-solving abilities.
£Comp + excellent company benefits
- Personal Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'