Job Role: Development Management Accountant
Location: Sale, Cheshire
Hours: 36.25 hours
Reporting to the Financial Lead, the main duties of this role include:
- Production of monthly management accounts and financial reports, and KPI information in relation to all Development activity that happens within the organisation and its associated subsidiaries
- Elements of management accounting specific to property, developer, construction such as scheme appraisals, capital spend analysis
- Oversee the annual budget setting process in relation to all development activity
Hold regular meetings with budget holders to discuss their financial performance, identify any issues and plans to address them. Assist and challenge budget holders with regards to re-forecasting of budgets
- Cash flow forecasting
- Analysing and reporting financial information to provide budget holders with financial performance intelligence; supporting budget holders in identifying and exploiting opportunities for improved efficiency
- Ensuring Balance Sheet reconciliations are undertaken on a timely basis as required.
- Supporting the JV Financial Lead and other members of the Finance Team in the production of Annual Reports, Statutory Financial Statements and the associated supporting evidence.
- Supporting the JV Financial Lead with regards to updating and maintaining Long-term business plans for organisation subsidiaries and Joint-Venture partnerships.
- Review, update, and challenge where appropriate development appraisal models undertaken by the development team
- VAT treatment of build costs
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
The key skills of the role are as follows:
* Ability to communicate to and develop strong working relationships with staff who possess various levels of financial expertise and knowledge. Being supportive of their needs, but not afraid to provide challenge where necessary
* Ability to meet deadlines working in a structured and organised way at all times
* Ability to review current working practices and procedures, with a view to implementing changes and improvements where necessary
* Experience of working in development / construction industry
* Experience of working with and understanding development appraisal models. Being able to spot potential issues, and interpret the outcomes
* Experience of working in a multi-company environment
The successful candidate must be qualified (or working towards qualification) of ACCA, CIMA or an equivalent, min 2 years experience in a Management Accounts role.
They should have experience in monthly monitoring, variance analysis and providing reports to senior managers. Excellent communication skills are also essential, as the role involves dealing with operational teams across the business at different levels.
The successful candidate will ideally be from a development / construction background but this is not essential.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
- Management accounts