Agile Working – ideally be within 90 MINUTE driving distance of one of our main locations Bicester, Dagenham and Wigan.
£Competitive - Excellent career development, discounted products and services and much more!
Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – the world’s largest global foodservice business, Sysco, which in the UK is made up of Brakes and the Sysco Speciality Group. There are a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there and every day we deliver 1.5 million products from our fleet of 2000 trucks to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, hospitals and care homes in every corner of the UK
The Sysco Speciality Group is one of the largest suppliers of fresh and speciality food to the UK foodservice industry and is made up of five specialist brands; Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and KFF. Together, our Group has more than 1,400 dedicated colleagues that ensure we pick, pack and deliver thousands of orders every day out of 9 sites across the country.
Whilst you will be employed by Brakes, but you will look after our Fresh Direct Business.
The purpose of the developer role is to be part of the team that works with Fresh Direct Group IT systems and fulfils business requirements to enhance our internal and external customer experiences. To implement and work to the internal / appropriate development standards. The role is responsible for:
- Delivering new requirements quickly, reliably and as efficiently as possible
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and functional teams to establish and implement requirements and/or support in the resolution of live operational issues.
- Ensure personal knowledge and exposure to innovation remains appropriate and relevant.
- Interpreting designs into delivered solutions.
- Fulfilling technical documentation, unit and system testing and knowledge transfer to support.
- Our IT colleagues are a central hub of knowledge, and as a Developer, you’ll be on hand to support your area of the business in every way possible. The role sits within the delivery function of IT, however there is a need to work horizontally to support initiatives from inception through to support (where applicable)
- Given the fast pace of technical innovation it is important to ensure personal knowledge and exposure to innovation remains appropriate and relevant
- You’ll live and breathe Customer First, with an innovative and agile approach to identify new ideas and methods. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results.
- You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
- Hands on relevant technical development experience with SQL & T-SQL, SSIS, Visual Basic & MS SQL DB
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Rigorous attention to detail, appetite to learn and curiosity to understand
- Methodical approach to work, strong problem-solving skills and initiative thinking
What you’ll get:</sp
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'