Here at Next, we are looking a Mainframe Developer to join our growing team in South Elmsall and play a crucial role in helping to drive Next forward in a fast moving retail environment. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary between £30,427-£45,866 per annum, depending on experience.
The Developer role:
You’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies.
Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems/business analysis and technical development.
Responsibilities of our Developer:
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
There are flexible working options available for this role.
- IBM DB2
If you have the skills and experience required to take on this high profile role of Developer, then click ‘apply’ now! We look forward to reviewing your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'