The business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support our business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring.
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Software Developer to work for our core development team based in Bristol. We are a medium sized software development house sitting within a fast moving financial services company
The Developer will work with a range of exciting new projects, working with both high profile blue chip companies as well as with internal clients. The Developer will be joining an agile development team that develops a web based Employee Benefits Management System called BenPal. BenPal is developed using Microsoft and other complementary technologies.
The working environment is really friendly with 2 development teams, Product Owners and systems support staff all collocated within a modern office environment. We offer a good work-life balance and are based on the edge of Bristol town centre close to the railway station and main bus routes with nearby shopping areas and cafes.
- Collaborate with the team to understand requirements.
- Involvement in team meetings.
- Work with the team to develop a solution.
- Develop and implement solution designs.
- Work with the rest of the department to improve our processes.
- Make impromptu decisions on short notice changes or make a call on a specific request or requirement.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and patterns.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Possess knowledge and experience in designing/developing complex software solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills with innovative and proactive approach
- Experience of using multiple software development methodologies
- Ability to work in teams across multiple projects and multiple geographies
- NET particularly MVC
- SQL Server
As you would expect from a company, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job