We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Developer to join M&G Investments and focus on transforming the IT capabilities of our Sales, Marketing and Retail Operations teams.
You will be able to demonstrate a passion for software development and the desire to listen and work with clients and peers across the organisation. Most importantly you will need to show you can be a valued, considerate member of a small, cross functional scrum team responsible for delivering working, high quality software to production on a regular basis.
You will be involved in all aspects of development:
• Refinement of user stories
• Backlog management
• Design, development, testing and deployment of code
• Improvement of the process and tools
This role is ideally suited to someone early in their software development career who can demonstrate:
• An ability to continually evolve your skills and knowledge
• A desire to build strong development skills in some of the following technologies:
- C# or Java
- ASP.NET MVC
- Microsoft Azure technologies
- Business Intelligence tools
• Understanding of appropriate application of types of testing
• Confidence to develop code in pairs and mob environments
• Comfortable working within a team environment that values regular constructive feedback to aid continuous improvement
• Confidence to question and challenge colleagues and business partners
• Desire to learn to facilitate agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Desire to assist with other roles such as Scrum Master and Analyst
• Interest in furthering your knowledge of Financial Services
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.