Our client, based in Odiham, requires an enthusiastic Developer to join their expanding web and marketing team.
This role is varied and requires the understanding and use of various technologies and languages.
- Web-site runs on Magento so experience of PHP, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap, Git.
- They maintain their own Linux web servers so experience of SSH would be beneficial.
- Their back office system runs on FileMaker so an understanding of relational databases is a must.
- They develop and maintain various plugins which integrates things like Payment Gateways & Couriers and these are developed using C#.
- There are various Java based applications developed in house to assist with data synchronisation and reporting.
- They maintain a Windows based network internally so experience with domains and exchange servers would be useful.
The successful person will help to develop e-commerce and insurance sites as well as internal back office systems.
Ideally the candidate will be able to work across all of these areas and be flexible enough to switch between systems when required. The role is challenging and has a direct impact on the business processes and its productivity.
Customers are based all around the world and our client has warehouses in both the UK and Australia. They serve over 100,000 customers worldwide and handle over 1,000,000 page views per month.
This is a unique position and an amazing opportunity to gain experience working on a large e-commerce site using the latest in web-technologies.
Attention to detail and the ability to take pride in ones work is essential.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with most of the following;
- Object Orientated PHP
- PHP based frameworks preferably Magento
- Source code control systems, preferably Git or Subversion
- Google Analytics & AdWords
This is a permanent position with some room for flexible hours. Own transport is essential due to the rural location.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job